Cottage and Small Scale Industries Association (CSSIA) was laid out in the year 1991 with an underlying participation of 50 (fifty) SSI units addressing minuscule and limited scope ventures of the said locale. As of now our participation strength is north of 300. Our exercises had been admirable towards advancement of little and small scale units of enhanced interests for example Designing, Ceramics, Food Processing, Surgical Instruments and others.
CSSIA assumes a significant part as a partner for advancement and improvement of the little units in the region alongside the endurance of them through appropriate execution and execution of the Govt. strategy and systems. We are likewise leading Upgradation and Skill Development Programs for the current units to battle with their unfamiliar rivals in the time of globalization and linearization of economy.
Further we are delivering earnest help to defeat joblessness among the adolescents of the locale by leading Entrepreneurship Development Programs, held now and again. We additionally give course readings to the penniless understudies of classes VII to XII liberated from cost with a view to engendering of schooling in the area. We are glad that with the end goal of aiding the individuals and their staff, a Mutual Co-employable Society has been set up and it has been flawlessly working since 10 years.
Aims and the objectives
- To advance and safeguard the trade and figure out the available resources for the equivalent.
- To create and keep up with cordial relations among the individuals from the society and all people occupied with the trade and industry, handlooms, handiworks, administration areas, cultivating areas
- To gather and flow insights and other data’s connecting with trade;
- To parley on debate staying alive among the individuals from the trade and industry
- To safeguard, support or go against by legitimate means Legislative and different measures connecting with cottage and SSI units.
- To impart or co-work with the Government, Chamber of Commerce and commercial or worldwide or public bodies or people so as to show and advance measures for the assurance or improvement of trade and the people connected in that
- To give momentary monetary help and so on to its individuals with the end goal of advancement of the trade as it were
- To choose approved Accountant for its individuals for keeping up with legitimate books of records and furthermore for lawful issues connecting with trade like Income Tax, Sales Tax, Excise Duty
- To create and keep up with well-disposed relations among the individuals from the society and all people occupied with the trade and industry, handlooms, handiworks, administration areas, cultivating areas
- To acquire or fund-raise for any of the objects of the society such way and terms as the Executive Committee might think fit
- To referee on debate remaining alive among the individuals from the trade and industry
- To sell, oversee rent, contract, discard or potentially in any case manage all or any piece of the property of society.
- To secure by buy, recruit or rent land, structures and other property moveable or ardent as the society may now and again think fit.
- To develop, keep up with, improve, create and change any structure, cottages or different works essential or advantageous with the end goal of the society.
Major initiatives taken by the government
(I) Implementation of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act, 2006.
(ii) A “Package for Promotion of Micro and Small Enterprises” was reported in February 2007. This incorporates measures tending to worries of credit, monetary help bunch based improvement, foundation, innovation and showcasing. Limit working of MSME Associations and backing to ladies business people are the other significant highlights of this bundle.
(iii) To make the Credit Guarantee Scheme more alluring, the accompanying adjustments have been made : (a) upgrading qualified advance cutoff from Rs. 25 lakh to Rs. 50 lakh; (b) raising the degree of assurance cover from 75% to 80 percent for (I) miniature ventures for advances upto Rs. 5 lakh, (ii) MSEs worked or possessed by ladies and (iii) all credits in the North-Eastern Region; and (c) lessening our time ensure charge from 1.5 percent to 0.75 percent for all advances in the North Eastern Region.
(iv) The phase deletion of items from the rundown of things held for select assembling by miniature and little ventures in being proceeded with 125 things were de-saved on March 13, 2007 decreasing the quantity of things saved for restrictive production in miniature and little undertakings area to 114.0. Further, 79 things were de-held through a notice dated February 5, 2008.
Some of the measures discussed below
MSMED Act, 2006:
The Government of India sanctioned the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act, 2006 which gives the very first lawful system for acknowledgment of the idea “endeavor” (including both assembling and administrations) and incorporating the three levels of these undertakings, viz., miniature, little and medium.
Under this Act, undertakings have been ordered extensively into those occupied with (I) assembling and (ii) giving/delivering of administrations and that excessively characterized into miniature, little and medium ventures.
For assembling endeavors, the venture furthest reaches of Micro undertakings is fixed at Rs. 25 lakh, little endeavors above Rs. 25 lakh to Rs. 5 crore, Medium endeavors above Rs. 5 crore to Rs. 10 crore. For administration endeavors as far as possible is fixed at for Micro ventures upto Rs. 10 lakh, little undertakings above Rs. 10 lakh to Rs. 2 crore and Medium undertakings above Rs. 2 crore to Rs. 5 crore.
The Act accommodates a legal consultative component at the public level with wide portrayal of all segments of partners, especially the three classes of big business and with a wide scope of warning capacities and an Advisory Committee in found to help the Board and the Center/State Governments.
Under the Credit Guarantee Scheme, life coverage cover for boss advertisers of units gave ensure cover by the Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Small Industries (CGTSI) has been presented. Further, the one-time ensure charge under the plan has been decreased from 2.5 percent to 1.5 percent with impact from April 1, 2006.